Superficial Chemical Peels
Toskani Cosmetics chemical peels will be used for this treatment.
A chemical peel is a skin treatment technique used to improve and smooth the texture of the facial skin using a chemical solution which causes the dead, superficial skin cells to exfoliate and eventually peel off. The regenerated skin is usually smoother, lighter and less wrinkled than the older skin.
The types of chemical peel differ based on how deeply the chemical penetrates and what type of chemical solution is used. The peels in Toskani Cosmetics are superficial peels which are used to treat only the outer layer of the skin to gently exfoliate it. Superficial peel procedures do not take more than 30 minutes, this is the reason why they are called "lunch time peels". These treatments are used to improve the appearance of mild skin discolourations and rough skin.
The treatment needs to be discussed with the therapist as the choice of peel is client dependant and can vary accordingly.
Indications for Chemical Peels:
- Acne or acne scars
- Age and liver spots/solar lentigo
- Irregular skin pigmentation (chloasma and melasma, photo-ageing)
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Rough skin and scaly patches
- Glycolic Chemical Peel (visibly reduces the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots & acne scars; suits all skin types)
- Photo-Aging Chemical Peel (lessens visible signs caused by sun damage and evens the skin tone)
- Purifying Chemical Peel (provides complete solution for acne related disorders)
- Radiance Chemical Peel (implements a lasting whitening effect, diminishes the visible signs of photo-damage and provides a brightening effect by removing dead surface cells)
- Rejuvenating Chemical Peel (designed to achieve lifting effect, fight against moderate and advanced wrinkles)
A course of 6 treatments every 2 weeks is recommended.
The delivery of a peel can be optimised by combining the treatment with Mesotherapy. The action of the peel exfoliates dead skin cells and unclogs pores allowing for improved penetration of the Mesotherapy cocktail.